I'm linking up with A Cupcake for the Teacher, Miss Kindergarten, and A Modern Teacher to share my Summer Bucket List!
1. GET A JOB!!!! I'm hoping that I know something very soon. If all of you could keep your fingers crossed that everything works out for me, that'd be great!
2. Buy more children's books. I have about 330 children's books. That seems like a LOT but I don't have many chapter books. Since I'm hoping/planning on getting a job teaching a primary grade, I need to buy early readers like I Can Read, Step Into Reading, etc. Ebay always seems to have large lots of early readers for sale.Yesterday I saw where you could get 98 early readers for $89! Pretty good deal but I'm holding out until I know for sure what grade I'm teaching.
3. Purchase items from my Really Good Stuff wishlist! I especially have my eyes on the Durable Book and Binder Holders with Storage Rack. I want to use that to hold all of my lessons, activities, books, etc for the week! I'm also considering buying book baskets from RGS, but I'd like to see if I can find cheaper ones.
4. Get into grad school. Maybe I'll be putting a lot on my plate next school year if I DO get into grad school but I'm determined to do it. I filled out all of the paperwork, I'm just waiting to see what kind of financial aid I can get. First year teacher and first year grad student....hopefully I'm not making a huge mistake. Ha! All of the classes are online so it'll be a bit more flexible. Classes are only 5 weeks so pretty intense but I know I can do it! :D
5. Relaxxxxx. If you can't tell, I have the tendency to work work work myself to death. In fact, when my university supervisor observed me at my internship, she said that I "work too hard." Honestly I took that as a compliment at first, then realized that she meant it as a "grow" not a "glow." Oops. I do need to relax and make time for myself. I plan on doing that this summer by reading, sleeping in (as much as I can since I'm working summer camp at a school), and spending time with friends.
What are you planning to do this summer?